About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 3 August 2013

Mediterranean Marsfield Restaurant

I have been to this restaurant many a times over the years and it always gave me the impression of being consistent in its flavours and authentic dishes. Plus there was always this image of it being packed with diners and very popular with the locals in the area.

So when I was told at quite the last minute of a change of plans from lunch to dinner by my friend, I had to quickly search for a suitable restaurant located in the area. Fortunately I was able to get a booking here.

Having not been here for a while, I noticed the colour of the restaurant signage had been brightened up and it has a slightly different name but the menu is pretty much the same. But I am not complaining, just noting how some things stay constant, which is a nice thing sometimes.

We decided to go for the daily specials and also had some bruschetta to start off our meal. One thing that put me off but was out of my control was the lighting. The red lights distorted all my photos! Aargh! Frustration but not enough to put off my enjoyment of my meal! :-) So, apologies in advance for the not so nice colour of my pics!

I had the Pasta D'Olio which had octopus, scallops, eggplant, roasted capsicum, English spinach and fettuccine tossed through with olive oil and chilli sauce.

My friend decided for a meaty dish and ordered the Rack of lamb with ratatouille and red wine fig jus.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dishes as we spent the evening catching up with each other's lives.
And for dessert, we couldn't help ourselves and just had to order the Bread and Butter Pudding. A perfect dessert made for the winter months. It was rich and sweet but rather satisfying!

A nice evening spent in suburbia with some really decent Italian food. This is a restaurant that has been around for years and will continue to be around for many years to come.

P/S The waiters were also very charming and friendly.

Mediterranean Gourmet Pizza on Urbanspoon

Mediterranean Marsfield Restaurant
Shop 8, 1 Trafalgar Place
Marsfield
NSW 2122
Website: www.mediterraneanmarsfield.com.au

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Annie83 said...

It’s my wife’s birthday and I want to book best hotel bar nyc and also it will be a surprise party. Please give some list of famous and reputed hotels in New York.