About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 19 October 2013

CHISWICK Restaurant (Woollahra, Sydney)

It was a perfect day to have lunch at Chiswick. Sydney was at its best behaviour and the glorious summery weather made our lunch all the more perfect.


I met up with a few of my friends from my NYC trip. As I was waiting outside in the gardens for them to arrive, I couldn't help but fall in love with the garden and the lovely building that was Chiswick. A perfect surround for a summer lunch (even though it is still spring).


Chiswick has a 2 seating time policy for lunch and we decided to have lunch at 12 noon. This meant we would have to finish up by 2.00 pm. The restaurant quickly filled up and before you know it, it was full house!

As I walked around the restaurant, my thoughts were images of an English summer! There was a colonial feel to the restaurant and a large of number of the guests were young, affluent and trendy. So not me! :)

For our lunch, we decided to share some small plates and have the Chiswick signature dish of the Wood roasted Moran family lamb.

Rosemary flat bread

Snow crab slider served with lettuce, kewpie and gherkins

Heirloom tomatoes, feta and crumbed bread salad (one of the specials of the day)

Ceviche of kingfish, chilli, lime and coriander

Char grilled scallops, charred onion, and corn salsa

Crisp buttermilk chicken, cabbage with chilli mayonnaise

Wood roasted Moran family lamb, chickpeas, za'atar, and mint

Hand cut chips with lemon thyme aioli

Generally the dishes were delicious. I loved the rustic feel to all the dishes and the plating of the scallops was very eye catching! My favourites were the Ceviche because it tasted so fresh; the Scallops because I just love scallops; the Crab slider because it had good flavours and the Lamb. The lamb was so tender, the meat was seriously fall off the bone tender. And the hand cut chips! Sooo goood!!!!
Home-made CHISWICK Lemonade
We were full by the time we finished the spread but how could we resist dessert?

CHISWICK chocolate rocky road was a hit with my friends.

Rhubarb bombe Alaska was my dessert of choice. It has been years since I had a bombe Alaska but I must say this one was utterly delicious. The pieces of rhubarb in the bombe had a slightly chewy texture and the flavour was not overwhelmingly sweet. Loved it!

We were very pleased with our lunch venue and we all fell in love with the surrounds and the historical building. I also had a quick look at the gardens that house so many of the fresh vegetables and herbs used in the food served at Chiswick. Seeing the butterflies fly around the garden beds made me think of summer.

Now that I have been to Chiswick I am not sure what was the root cause of Chiswick losing its 1 hat from the SMH good food guide. But for me, it was a thoroughly enjoyable meal and Chiswick is a perfect venue for lunch when the sun is out in full glory.

And it was good catching up with my travel mates. Can't wait for our next catch up!

Chiswick on Urbanspoon
CHISWICK Restaurant
65 Ocean Road
Woollahra
NSW 2025
Website: www.chiswickrestaurant.com.au

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: