About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 22 December 2014

Provence By Antoine (Concord, Sydney)

Earlier this year I had a lovely dinner in Concord when I dined at Antoine's Grill. The steaks we had there were really very good and of a quality I would not have expected in a suburban restaurant.

A few months ago I heard of news that Antoine had decided to expand and opened a French bistro in another part of Concord. I made a mental note to check it out one day soon.

Well, the 'soon' occurred a weekend ago. Provence by Antoine is located on Mortlake Street and is in my opinion the quieter part of Concord. I was surprised to see a French bistro located in a small corner of this quiet part of the suburb.


We were early, we got there around noon before the rest of the bistro was filled up with fully booked tables!

Roasted garlic and mixed herb baguette. Served on a rustic board allowing us to cut to our desired size. Nice!
Finger bombed!
Confit pork belly, served crisp, apple and sweet onion puree, Granny Smith apple and celeriac remoulade. The serving was a lot larger than A anticipated but she clearly enjoyed the dish.

Yamba giant prawns, salmon and scallop mousse with herbs, beautifully grilled from the wood fired oven. The prawns were succulent and sweet and good enough to eat shells and all. Yum!

Croque Monsieur - C had this from the kiddies menu and the little princess said she found the dish to be delicious! I believed her! :)

Moules et Frites - mussels cooked in Mariniere sauce, which was white wine, cream and herbs based. It was served in a deep bowl with the fries in a cute little glass jar. There was also a side of fresh crusty French style baguette which I soaked generously with the white wine sauce.


We then moved on to desserts.

70% dark velvet chocolate mousse served with buttery biscuit. I loved the quirky presentation of the mousse being served in a plant pot. So cute and quite decadent in taste.

Confit caramelised apple tarte tatin with Creme fraiche. It was a very generous serving of the tart. I admired the layers in the tart. Even though A was enjoying her dessert she did struggle to finish it.

CW and I shared dessert and ordered the Cafe Gourmand. It was the tasting plate of all the desserts. There was the chocolate mousse, the tarte tatin, Nougat glacé which was iced nougat, and Lavender pannacotta with poached pear and lemon and lime dressing. Good choice! Loved that I could try a bit of everything and feel I wasn't missing out! My favourite was the nougat glacé.

There were touches of the French provincial in the restaurant and there was even a bicycle resting against the outdoor patio. Cute!

It was nice to see it so full of people dining al fresco in the shade on a summer's day with a wonderful southerly breeze coming through.

Lovely atmosphere with friendly staff and a place you could easily while the afternoon away.

Provence By Antoine on Urbanspoon
Provence By Antoine
50 Mortlake Street
Concord
NSW 2137
Website: www.provencebyantoine.com.au/


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Such a cute restaurant in the suburbs! And the celeriac remoulade sounds delish!

Cindy said...

Hi Helen, thank you for your support! Love receiving your comments! :)

missklicious said...

the dessert in the pot plant is cute! I can never go past dessert platters either - one of everything!

Cindy said...

Hello missklicious, thank you for visiting! Clever idea putting the mousse in a pot plant!

ChopinandMysaucepan said...

Dear Cindy,

We've been here for brekky and dinner and their a la carte menu is a showcase of some of the most popular Provencial dishes.

Cindy said...

Hello ChopinandMysaucepan, nice to hear from you. It is a great French local isn't it?