About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Afternoon Tea - Caitlin's 6th birthday

When my friend CW invited me over for afternoon tea to celebrate her little girl's birthday, I took it literally as tea rather than a spread of food. I forgot that back in Malaysia, high tea meant a buffet of food.



I decided to bring the Raspberry Nougat I had bought from Dolcetti. The array of food on display at CW's reminded me of how food is one of the constant in everyone's life. We celebrate good times over a meal with family and friends. When we meet up with a friend or friends it is typically in conjunction with a meal or over a cup of coffee or tea.

Feta and prawn mini pizzas

Three cheese pastries

Fried wontons


When we celebrate Christmas, Chinese New Year and Easter, when has it not been without feasting on food (be it home cooked or in a restaurant)?

So here we are again, a group of friends and family, having a wonderful afternoon together eating, chatting and laughing. Just the thought of it brings a smile to my face!

The spread included feta and prawn mini pizzas, three cheese pastries, fried wontons, fried noodles, chicken curry, stir fried mixed vegetables, prawn crackers, saffron rice. We also had Angku Kuih (red tortoise cakes) courtesy of CW's Mum. Aunty, you are a great cook!

Saffron rice

Chicken curry

Mixed vegetables

Fried noodles

Angku kueh


We ended the meal with cupcakes (birthday cake), fruit platter, konyaku jelly and of course the nougat!


Fruit platter and jelly

Raspberry nougat

What a splendid afternoon and a nice way for Caitlin to celebrate her 6th birthday (the little princess)!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

You beat me to the post. I'm still typing up the recipes for the 3 cheese pastries and mini pizzas. Food does bring people together, esp Msians who tend to talk about food even when eating.

Kin Yuen said...

What a delightful day for the Birthday Princess, Cait!