About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Edoya Restaurant

Edoya Restaurant is a quiet and unassuming Japanese restaurant located in the centre of Melbourne. It is one of the local joints that I go to when I meet up with my nephew when I am in town.



The prices are very reasonable and the food is good. I have yet to be disappointed with any of the dishes that I have ordered since I started patronising this place a few years ago.

For this evening's meal, we had Soft shell crab, Yukke (Korean style raw beef with sesame salad), Tuna and Salmon Sashimi platter and a Mixed Grill platter. I had not had the Yukke or the mixed grill before. The Yukke was a nice surprise, full of flavour with a touch of spice. The mixed grill was huge and really nice.


Soft shell crab

Yukke

Tuna and Salmon Sashimi

Needless to say I have my nephew to thank for finishing off the food. There was so much to eat and it was a pleasant evening of hearty food and catching up with my nephew.


Mixed grill platter

I would recommend this little restaurant to anyone who wants a reasonably priced Japanese meal. It is open daily.

Edoya Restaurant
138 Russell Street
Melbourne
VIC 3000
Tel: 03 9654 7358

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Looking at the shopfront, I would probably have just walked past this shop without looking in. The mixed grill platter looks delicious.

Cindy said...

I agree with your comment. The shop front is very nondescript. But as the saying goes, looks can be deceiving.

Ameen Khatri said...

this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. japanese restaurant melbourne