About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 3 November 2012

PM24

Wow! This is my second meal today on my first day in Melbourne, after a 1 year absence, and I must say I am suitably impressed at the standards of the food I have been lucky enough to have had.


Dinner tonight is at the renowned PM24, a French bistro and rotisserie located right in the heart of Melbourne's CBD. Chef Phillipe Mouchel has excelled in producing such fine modern French cuisine in Melbourne. Dinner was booked for 7pm and it was already full house when we arrived.


I loved the open kitchen, the buzzy and lively bistro ambience and seeing Chef Phillipe Mouchel checking very plate as it came through for final plating was impressive.


We had some lovely cocktails to kick off the evening. I had the Vive La Lychee cocktail and K had the Melonicious!
My lychee cocktail

Then we had an entree each. I had the Hiramasa Kingfish which I found to be light, refreshing and the lovely citrus and miso vinaigrette just melded with the succulent fish. K had the Escargots with garlic and parsley butter. As you can see, it all disappeared quite quickly. Obviously, it was very well liked!

Hiramasa Kingfish
Escargots
The dish now empty!
For mains I chose to have the Steak Frites, which was a Sirloin with my choice of a Bernaise sauce and a healthy serve of addictive fries. K had the famous signature dish of Rotisserie chicken. We were told the sauce for the chicken goes through a 2 day process. Seriously, seriously delicious, moist, succulent chicken. I had a sample from K and it was soooo good!!!! I loved my steak as well, as a matter of fact we loved everything we had so far.

The famous Rotisserie chicken
Sirloin steak - the frites was served in a bowl
We were just so full after the mains but we found some space in our tummies to have some dessert. K ordered Affogato with Grand Marnier and I chose the Degustation plate to share with K. OMG, what a great creme brûlée!!!! So addictive and sinfully delicious. We couldn't stop eating it.

Affogato
The degustation consisted of Pistachio sorbet, Blackcurrant sorbet, Lemon tart (I loved it), the amazingly good Creme Brûlée and the famous chocolate cake which I must say was delicious but was completely overshadowed by the creme brûlée. I felt compelled to introduce myself to the pastry chef who did such a splendid job!! Tres bien Cecile!!!! :-)

The Degustation Dessert Platter
What a wonderful meal (there I go again), impeccable service (thank you Raphael, you were exceptional) and fabulous French food!!!! I was privileged to meet Chef Phillipe Mouchel and thank him for the superb meal. Wow! Wow! Wow! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in a heart beat, as a matter of fact I would return in a heart beat!!!!!

K and I had a great evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!!!

Merci beaucoup PM24!!!! :)

PM24 on Urbanspoon

PM24
24 Russell Street
Melbourne
VIC 3000
Website: www.pm24.com.au/


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: