About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 2 May 2013

Manchester Press (Melbourne)

I was in Melbourne and in dire need of a good cuppa coffee first thing on a Saturday morning. All the good coffee places that I was aware of were closed for the weekend. Panic sets in! So I desperately turned to Google for some help.


Lo and behold, I decided to check out Manchester Press. Initially I couldn't even find Rankins Lane. I walked past it without even knowing I had overshot. Fortunately my phone's GPS steered me back to the right course.

PF was in Melbourne too and she found out I was in town through twitter so we decided to meet for coffee that morning. I really liked the look and feel of Manchester Press. It had a warehouse/loft like feel. There was a grunginess to this place. Quite cool actually.


When we arrived, it was just after 9.00 am and there were only a few patrons. But the place filled up half hour later.

Looking at the menu, I could clearly see that their breakfast specialty is bagels. There was bagel with raspberry jam, bagel with smoked salmon, BLT bagel, Chorizo open bagel; and the list goes on.

But what did I order? No bagels for me. I had a lunch to go to in a few hours so I had to pace myself and ordered a coffee and a Passionfruit and Poppyseed cake. The coffee was quite smooth and the cake was delicious. It had a nice passionfruit punch and had a good density.


PF, who recently found out that she has a wheat intolerance, was very happy to discover that their friands were gluten free. So she had a raspberry friand with her coffee.

A delightful little place, tucked away in one of the lanes off Little Bourke Street.

Manchester Press on Urbanspoon

Manchester Press
8 Rankins Lane
Melbourne
VIC 3000
Hours: Open 7 days for breakfast and lunch
Tel: +613 9600 4054


No comments: