About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 22 December 2013

Albee's Kitchen, Kingsford (Sydney)

The first time I heard about Albee's Kitchen was a few years ago. Their famous curry puffs (or karipap) were part of a friend's contribution to a social gathering. To my delight I found a slice of boiled egg in the filling. I was pleasantly surprised at that. It is not often you find curry puffs made with a boiled egg as part of the filling.

Ever since then, I was aware of this Malaysian restaurant but did not have an opportunity to check it out until now. The original restaurant is located in Campsie but a few months ago, they expanded their business with a new outlet in Kingsford.

Our Malaysian lunch turned out to be a feast! Their menu is very extensive and it can be quite overwhelming reading through all the list of available dishes. We made a concerted effort to order dishes not easily available at other Malaysian restaurants. That turned out to be a good strategy!!

Here goes!

Curry puffs
Photo from my take away serving
Pandan chicken

Kuching Style clay pot noodles
Favourite dish!
Salted fish with bean sprout

Butter cereal chicken

Marmite pork rib

Butter cereal king prawns

We chose to have the coconut flavoured rice. A fragrant rice which had a subtle coconut fragrance.

I can honestly say every dish was delicious, not any of them was a disappointment. The highlight for me was the Kuching style claypot noodles. The noodles were perfectly cooked and had a nice bite to it. The butter cereal prawns was another thoroughly enjoyable dish. Loved the combination of crunchy, salty and sweet in this dish.

And having a plate of the salted fish with bean sprouts brought a sweeping feeling of being back at home in Klang and enjoying this dish with my family. The food to me was very much in the home cooked style. Not lavish or overdone. Just honest to goodness home cooked food served in a restaurant. And of course, what is there to say about their curry puffs! How about the fact I bought more for take away? :)

And on top of that the servings were generous with very reasonable prices.

Albee's Kitchen on Urbanspoon
Albee's Kitchen
470 Anzac Parade
Kingsford
NSW
Tel: +612 9662 8788
Website: www.albeeskitchen.com.au


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

goldcoastkitchens1 said...


Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this.
Will be waiting for more! To get new information visit here
Kitchen showrooms Gold Coast
kitchens gold coast