About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Day 2013

I wasn't intending to blog about this year's Christmas but upon reflection I thought to myself 'why not?'. After all, my blog is in a way my diary and this year Christmas was so relaxing I had to share it.

For the past 7 to 8 years, I have been spending Christmas with EF and her family. It has become a tradition and one I am happy to have continue. This year EF's cousin PL and his wife LL were hosting so we all adjourned to their home.

Most of us had not seen each other for a year so it was just nice to chat, hang out and enjoy each other's company. It started to rain from about noon and continued right throughout the day.

Our lunch was held outdoors, just at the patio of their home. We managed to stay dry but sitting there enjoying lunch and watching the rain was quite peaceful actually. I could have sat out there for hours watching the rain and feeling the cool breeze. It was a nice change from the past few days of stifling heat.


Place cards lovingly made by NL (PL's daughter)
We started with a platter of cheese, this time I brought the Cambozola, Tete de Moine, and Reblochon. All were popular with the group but the star was the Reblochon. It was absolutely oozing with cheesy goodness! I didn't take a close up of the cheese but I am putting up a selfie taken by LL. Not something I would normally do as I dislike seeing photos of myself but it is Christmas, so once again why not!

We had more than enough food to keep us going for 3 meals. There was the traditional ham, turkey roll, bread, Pearl couscous salad, Caesar salad, garden salad and vermicelli salad.







For desserts, we had Raspberry cheesecake, Mangomisu, Christmas pudding ice cream and some fresh cherries.




And every time I am there I can't help but admire all their travel souvenirs. A lovely family who once again opened up their homes to the jing gang.

Happy Christmas everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas Cindy! Everything looks lovely :)

Cindy said...

Hi Helen, thank you for visiting and for your comment! :)