About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Try It Out Vietnamese Restaurant, Auckland

This is another retrospective post when I was last in Auckland. We decided to try out a Vietnamese restaurant that has the reputation of being one of the best Vietnamese restaurants in Auckland. It is also very affordable.

The restaurant is located in the suburb of Otahuhu and we ventured there one Saturday night. The suburb of Otahuhu seems to have a eclectic mix of Pacific Islanders,Vietnamese, Indian, Middle Eastern and Sri Lankan stores. I felt I was somewhere else and not in Auckland. Interesting....

Believe it or not, the Vietnamese restaurant we were recommended was called Try It Out. The name was intriguing and it did catch my attention.
Bright signs

Entree - Pork Rolls

Entree - Prawn and Pork Fresh Spring Rolls

Grilled pork chops with tomato rice

Vermicelli with grilled pork and spring rolls
This may be the best Vietnamese restaurant in Auckland but I personally cannot verify that as I have yet to try out more Vietnamese restaurants in the Auckland area. However I do feel that we have better quality Vietnamese restaurants in Australia. The food was alright but certainly not the best that I have had.

If you happen to be in Auckland, you should 'try it out'!

Try It Out Restaurant
79 Atkinson Ave
Otahuhu
Auckland

No comments: