About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Special Lunch - Birthday

It was a lovely Sunday and lunch with my beloved 'family' is always filled with chatter, jokes and great fellowship. Today however it was a lunch to celebrate C's 20th birthday. My dear friend EF worked hard on preparing lunch. We ended up with a 3 course meal!

For starters, we had pumpkin soup. It was creamy and delicious. There was a hint of green curry in it. Our main was Chicken cooked with basil and tomato sauce. There were sides of beans and baked sweet potatoes. That was lovely too.

And for dessert, I brought the cake I had ordered from Belle Saveur Patisserie (see previous post). It was a Strawberry and White Chocolate Japonais. It looked so pretty. It was definitely a challenge to cut it up. Taste wise, it was not too sweet and quite delicious. The white chocolate was beautifully tempered.The meringue had hazelnuts in it.


Pumpkin soup


Chicken with basil and tomato sauce - lovely plating!


Strawberry and white chocolate japonais
 The meal ended up with a good serve of coffee and tea. Let's not forget all the presents that were opened.

Happy birthday Doobs!

No comments: