About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 27 May 2012

Brendan Dewar Patisserie

I visited this patisserie a few weeks ago but did not get a chance to blog about it until now.

Brendan Dewar Patisserie is located in the suburb of St. Ives. I first heard of it in an article from the Good Living sometime last year. Made a mental note to visit it but only had the chance to do so recently.



My friend's son IF had a birthday coming up which we were going to have an immediate family gathering to celebrate it. So I took the opportunity to take a visit and see what creations I could find there.

Visually, the cakes and macarons look so appealing. Beautiful colours which do catch the eye and some interesting combination of flavours in some of the cakes (small and large varieties).





For the birthday cake, I selected a freshly baked Ménage a Trios. It was beautifully decorated with macarons. It was a dark, white and milk chocolate mousse cake with a biscuit Joconde base. Verdict: it was a hit at the dinner for IF. Everyone loved it, including me. When you first start eating the cake, it was light in texture and creamy because of the different chocolates. So you think you can eat quite a bit of it as it was so light! But it is quite misleading because the richness of the chocolate hits you as you finish the portion. It was delicious!

Menage a Trios

Because there were so many other cakes to try, I decided to get a slice of another interesting one for my afternoon tea (very naughty of me I must say!). I chose the Loire which was a Caramel mousse with caramelised pear on a biscuit Joconde base. It had the sweet (from the pear) and salty (from the caramel) combination which was interesting and I found it refreshing to have a dessert different to what I am normally used to.

A slice of Loire


Brendan Dewar Patisserie is located in the St Ives shopping village. It is very popular with the locals. So if you are in the area, I would recommend you visit this delightful patisserie. All cakes are made fresh daily.

Have fun!

Brendan Dewar Patisserie
Shop 119, 66 Mona Vale Road,
St Ives Shopping Village
St Ives
NSW 2075
Website: www.brendandewarpatisserie.com.au


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

What a timely post. Ash and I might pay this place a visit tmrw since she is home.