About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 12 August 2012

Croutons Soup Bar (Take 2)

Well, I am back at Croutons Soup Bar. Kelvin, the owner of the soup bar, had read my recent posting about the soups I had at his place and kindly posted a comment on my blog. Most especially he wanted to comment on my comments of the Boston Clam Chowder (Croutons Soup Bar).

He found my comments on the chowder constructive and invited to me to drop by and sample the revised clam chowder. Honestly, I was stoked that Kelvin had found my post and responded to my comments. It is great that he was not dismissive of my blog and felt compelled to provide me some feedback.
Kelvin - the proprietor
I introduced myself to Kelvin, who showed me the revised Boston Clam Chowder. The colour of the soup is much lighter than before and a few things have been tweaked. Firstly, the carrots are now added to the soup towards the end of the process and not in the beginning (as it used to be and caused a lot of colour bleed). The butter used has been changed. I was given a sample taste and I must say it did taste very nice, I even managed to get a nice piece of clam which was lovely! So, thank you Kelvin, a much, much nicer clam chowder!!!!

Boston Clam Chowder
The sampler I tasted
While I was there, I thought I should try out another soup. It was a perfect day for a bowl of hot soup. It was grey, wet, and windy, very windy!!! So this time I ordered the Indonesian chicken soup, better known as Soto Ayam. It was delicious and having the chilli jam tossed into the soup gave it the right amount of kick, which I so enjoyed!




So far, this one is my favourite.

Thanks Kelvin. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to hearing news of you opening your second outlet sometime in the near future.

Croutons Soup Bar
Shop G27, Metcentre
60 Margaret Street (enter via Jamison Street)
Sydney

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kin Yuen said...

Excellent! It also shows how sincere Kelvin is to customer feedback.