About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Vegetable Curry

Tonight's dinner is vegetable curry. I bought a pre-made vegetarian curry paste from one of the Asian shops near Takapuna. It is a well known brand from Malaysia. Instead of using coconut milk, I used skim milk.

For tonight's version, I used snake beans, organic potatoes, organic carrots, zucchini (in NZ it is called courgette) and cabbage.


I am now converted to the benefits of organic fresh food. I used to be sceptical as I could not understand why I had to pay a whole lot more for organic vegetables/fruits versus the non organic ones. Since being in Auckland, I have been buying fruits and vegetables from the Takapuna Farmers Markets which is on every Sunday morning. There are many farmers selling organic food and the prices for organic food are very reasonable in NZ. So I bought some potatoes and carrots. I can tell the difference even when I am cutting them up and the taste of organic potatoes is amazing. There is a big difference so I am now a convert.

No comments: