About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 24 March 2012

Orto Trading Co

Lunch in Surry Hills! This is not something I do frequently. I must admit I do try and avoid this very busy area on a Saturday afternoon because it really does get busy with traffic and Sydneysiders.

DD and I were planning to meet up at Newtown for lunch but it was the weekend for track work on the Inner West Line. So we changed our plans and met up at Central instead. Surry Hills is very familiar to DD so he led the way and we walked around looking at cafes to decide which one to try out.



We chose Orto Trading Co. It was full of diners (this is a good sign) and we waited for our table. It took about 15 minutes before there was a table available so DD and I took the opportunity to catch up.

When we sat at our table and looked at the menu, I could already see a few dishes that I wanted to try out but how much can I fit in my tummy?!?! That was going through my thoughts as I perused the menu.





So I decided on the Baked Eggs with sobrasada, roast capsicum, buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and soudough bread. DD chose the Bacon and Egg Roll with house made relish. I also ordered an Orange, Apple and Strawberry freshly squeezed juice. The juice was an interesting combination and I really liked it. Very fresh! I loved the baked eggs and the bread rolls that came with the dish was freshly baked, warm and soft. Delicious!


Baked eggs

Bacon and egg roll with relish

Orange, apple & strawberry juice

DD enjoyed the bacon and egg roll. He mentioned that the relish in the roll worked beautifully with the other flavours. Suffice to say we finished it all. Having coffee finished the meal well.

I intend to come back to try out their Ploughmans lunch with scotch eggs. That one looked delicious too.

Orto Trading Co. on Urbanspoon

Orto Trading Co
38 Waterloo Street
Surry Hills
NSW
Australia

Website: http://www.ortotradingco.com/

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kin Yuen said...

Makes me want to live in Surry Hills, the juice combo.