About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Blakes Restaurant

Blakes Restaurant is a suburban restaurant located in Castle Hill on Terminus Sreet. I had been there twice prior to this visit and I have always enjoyed my meals when I dined there. So when my friend MO and I were trying to work out where we could meet for dinner I suggested Blakes as one of the options.



I could not believe how packed the restaurant was on a Friday night. There was a table of at least 20 diners celebrating someone's birthday and I believe the staff was struggling to keep up with the number of patrons. They looked like they were run off their feet.

As a result of the 'busyness' of the restaurant, it did take a while for our orders to be taken. In addition to that delay, it also took a while for our drinks to arrive. But once the food started getting served, the time delay was less obvious. But the food was good and MO and I had a good time catching up on each other's news.

We decided to share an entree of bruschetta. For mains, I had the Fresh Herb and Dijon encrusted Lamb Rack served with rosemary and red jus with potato mash. MO had the Veal San Remo with king prawns, smoked salmon, asparagus, garlic mash served with a cream sauce. Both dishes were very tasty and we finished the plates off. My lamb was tender, juicy and perfectly cooked with a touch of pink.

Bruschetta

Veal San Remo

Herb and Dijon encrusted Lamb Rack


We were so full after our main dishes but we did not want to pass up on desserts, so we shared a dessert. We chose the Vanilla Creme Brûlée with biscotti and vanilla ice cream served with raspberry coulis. The creme brûlée was delicious and the sugar was beautifully caramelised.


Vanilla creme brulee

I must admit that the food was good, the fellowship was good but the service was just a little underwhelming. One more waiter added to the team would have eased the load plus the diners would have been attended to a little faster than the actual time taken.

Happy belated birthday MO! It was good to see you and enjoy a nice meal with you.

Blakes Restaurant
1/33 Terminus Street
Castle Hill
NSW 2154
Tel: +61 2 9680 9988


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: