About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 12 January 2013

New Year's Eve 2013

Happy New Year everyone! Without meaning to do so, I took a short break from blogging. But it's all systems go now.

So my first post of the year is to do catch up on what I was up to on New Year' Eve. I spent it having a lovely dinner at CW's. I didn't know what to expect for dinner as I forgot to ask when I was initially invited. All I knew was I would be bringing the cheese plate and my dessert contribution was the mango pudding.

Lo and behold I was delightfully surprised that we were going to have an American style dinner, Southern style to be more precise!

We started the evening by hanging out in the courtyard, catching the cool breeze, enjoying some cheese and a beautiful jug of ginger beer cocktail. Very refreshing on a hot summer's day.

Then we sat down for our meal. Yippee! We had coleslaw, mash potato with gravy, buns, and Buttermilk fried chicken. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!!




What a treat! CRW (CW's spouse) is a great cook and once again came up with a marvellous meal! I loved the presentation of the fried chicken in a bucket (so KFC!). CRW's secret mix of spices created a delicious blend of flavours in the fried chicken. If I had more space in my tummy, I would have kept going. But alas, there is only so much one can eat in one sitting.. :-)

We watched the 9.00 PM fireworks on tv and we had those glow in the dark fluorescent bangles on just so we could get into the celebration mode. Then out came the desserts. There was the mango pudding and an apple crumble cake (from Pattinson's). CW definitely kept the Southern theme going.

Somehow we managed to hang out chatting until midnight. In time to watch the big fireworks! Such a relaxing evening. I took a doggie bag home, some fried chicken for lunch the next day.

Thanks to CW and CRW for hosting. It was lovely to hang out with you and your friends on NYE.

Cheers everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Good memories, happy ones of the southern fried chicken. We had leftovers the next day - cold and it was just as good. Thanks for bringing the cheese platter and mango pudding. Always a treat for us.