About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Corner Bakery Cafe (Washington DC)


I found this chain of stores when I was googling about breakfast options in Washington DC. So I decided to have my Day 1 breakfast there.



The nearest outlet was on 14th street, on my way to the Museums. I had the All American Scrambler which consisted of scrambled eggs, with applewood smoked bacon and oven roasted breakfast potatoes. I also had a bottle of orange juice with it

Verdict: I found the scrambled eggs slightly dry; as in it wasn't creamy enough. But the bacon was deliciously crispy and the breakfast potatoes were addictive. I also really liked the orange juice that I bought; it wasn't overly sweet and not overly citrusy either.


This place appears to be a chain of franchise outlets that started in Chicago and has expanded across the States. While I was sitting down having my breakfast, there was a lot of people traffic going through and many of them were locals who were dropping by for their takeaways of coffee and/or breakfasts.

Corner Bakery Cafe on Urbanspoon

Corner Bakery Cafe
529 14th Street NW
(202) 662 7400
Website: cornerbakery.com

No comments: