About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

DC Coast (Washington DC)


I saw this restaurant when I took a short walk around the block last night. It looked like a restaurant frequented by business people. So I checked it out even more on the web and made a last minute decision to treat myself to a nice sit down meal after a day of museum trekking.

By the time I got there it was 7.10 pm. I thought to myself I should be alright to get a table for 1 on a Tuesday night, right?!?! Well, no such luck!!! It was fully booked.

But I was told I could sit at the bar and they offer both a bar menu and the full restaurant menu if I am seated at the bar. Perfect!!!!


After trying to order lemon, lime bitters, to no avail. The poor bartender had not heard of this drink before, I compromised for a sprite and bitters drink. He then asked me which bitters I wanted. That completely took me by surprise as not once have I been asked that when I order the LLB drink in Australia.

I decided that I would have a main and dessert tonight. There was an entree dish which perked my interest but I thought it best to stick to my original plan.

My main dish was Maine Diver Scallops with English Pea Summer Truffle Purée, Cauliflower 'Cous Cous', Asparagus and Basil Butter. The scallops were perfectly cooked, and combined with the pea purée and the cauliflower which had a ‘Cous Cous’ texture, the dish was very good! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!

Dessert was Blackberry Pot de Creme, with Caramel Chantilly, Black Sesame and Almond Florentine Crisp. The dessert was addictively delicious. It was smooth and creamy, the blackberries were surprisingly not tart at all and the florentine was delicious. I finished every mouthful and licked my spoon clean!!! Yummy to the max!

I must say that I am very happy to have tried this restaurant. It is literally across the road from my hotel and not only was the food great but the service was also good.

DC Coast on Urbanspoon

DC Coast
1401 K Street NW
Washington 
DC 20005
Website: dccoast.com/dccoast.html 

No comments: