About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 5 August 2012

Rockpool Bar and Grill - Sydney


Finally, I get a chance to check this place out. For a Friday lunch time, the bar was packed to the max. We didn't book so we had no idea if we could even get a table. Most work days, we don't even take a real lunch break as there is lots going on and not enough work hours in the day to meet project deadlines. But once in a blue moon, we feel like taking a real break and this time we thought we would try the notable Rockpool Bar and Grill.

As we didn't want to wait for a table, we went for the 'sit at the bar' option. It was the quickest way to have our lunch as all the tables were full.

I was looking forward to having a meal here. So I ordered the very famous wagyu burger and had a bowl of chips with it. My friend had a share of the chips too, together with his wagyu burger.

Look at the melting gruyere!


My verdict: What a delicious piece of burger meat!!!! It was succulent and tender. The melted gruyere cheese went so well with the meat; the bacon and pickles completed the blend of flavours. The chips were good too!!

Another angle highlighting the bacon
I felt so full after the lunch. It certainly was a complete meal. I did like the atmosphere of the bar area. The barmen were very friendly and I loved looking up to the rows and rows of glasses hanging down from the rack.




I took a photo of the Art Deco architecture of the main restaurant. Fascinating building....will I come back?!? Oh yes!!!!


Rockpool Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

Rockpool Bar and Grill
66 Hunter Street
Sydney
NSW 2000
Tel: +61 2 8078 1900
Website: www.rockpool.com/sydney/bar-and-grill/


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: