About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 31 December 2012

Christmas Day 2012

This will be my last post for this year and I thought to myself, why not end on a good note?!? Let's talk about the lovely day I had on Christmas.


I had lunch at E and N's place this year, and N's side of the family joined us for the celebrations. It was a strange weather day. Normally Christmas is warm, sunny and hot. This year it was cold, grey and wet. How bizarre! It wasn't a day to be out in the backyard pool or horse around playing cricket.

But we still had a lovely lunch filled with a few salads, glazed ham, chicken rolls stuffed with apricots and herbs, roast potatoes, home grown cherry tomatoes. Of the salads, there were 2 new types that I had not seen or tried before. There was the mango, avocado, rocket leaves salad served with caramelised balsamic vinegar. And there was a kale salad which was finely chopped and served with a balsamic vinegar dressing, shaved almonds and grated cheese. Both were delicious.







For dessert, we had Mangomisu served with a raspberry sauce, Christmas pudding served with brandy custard and a Sacher torte. An interesting mix, but I think they were all very well received by the group.



All in all, a lovely day spent chatting, the kids playing away, eating, relaxing and totally enjoying Christmas!

And how about you? How did you spend your Christmas? I would love to hear from you on how you fared.

No comments: