About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 24 December 2012

Early Christmas Lunch 2012

This year, EF's side of her family is hosting the lunch. As it is the year that the lunch is to be on a non Christmas Day, it was decided that the lunch would be held in early mid December.



We all congregated at L and P's lovely home. A long, long table was already prepared at the patio. I have been to their home before, it was 2 years ago but that time it was on Christmas Day itself.

We started with a cheese platter which comprised of a French brie (Fromager D'Affinois), a New Zealand mature cheddar and Cambozola. The cheese went down quite well, good sign!

Then we eventually adjourned to sit down for the spread. There were salads, beautifully cooked ham, sausages on the barbie (very Aussie indeed!), and bread rolls. There were also lots of conversation going on with the annual catch up with other family members.





Then came desserts. We had mango pudding, blueberry swirl cheesecake and pavlova. Yummy!



Feeling very full, we adjourned to the living room and P was busy making us coffee. Good coffee P!

It was nice to sit back, relax, have a good meal and catch up with the extended family.

Thank you L and P for your hospitality. See you in 2013!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: