About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 25 February 2013

Dinner at Sasso

After an afternoon of relaxing at the Hilton, during which I had a facial treatment at the Eforea Spa, we headed to Queenstown for dinner with the water taxi. This time dinner was at Sasso. For some unknown reason, the name Sasso reminds me of the word sassy. A very apt word for us Gorgeous Girls!

Sasso is an Italian restaurant and quite obviously a popular one at that! We started off with:

A platter of breads with extra virgin olive oil. The olive oil was really nice. Lovely fresh, grassy, green flavours! It was so nice that we had to find out the brand of the oil. It was from Cairnmuir Olives Ltd which is located in Bannockburn. Some of the ladies bought bottles of it from the restaurant to take home to Australia.

Then we had antipasto to share. They were:

Polipo - Braised octopus with chilli, garlic & Calamari with extra virgin oil.

Barbabietola - Baby beetroots roasted with shallot, oregano and balsamic vinegar with blue goat's cheese.

Pescetti Marinati - Tarakihi marinated in lemon, chilli, Italian parsley and extra virgin olive oil.

Affettato - Local and imported salamis and prosciuttos with Monte Vecchio cheese, marinated olives and pickled vegetables.


The pasta dish I chose was Linguine alle Vongole. The other 2 pasta dishes were Beef cheeks saffron risotto with gremolata and Gnocchi with cherry tomato, rocket, toasted almonds and parmesan.




For dessert I had Tiramisu.

The highlight for me was the antipasto, I throughly enjoyed the breads with the olive oil and the variety of the antipasto was good.

Sasso
14/16 Church Street
Queenstown
9300 New Zealand
Email: info@sasso.co.nz
Website: sasso.co.nz

2 comments:

Unknown said...

superb post .....sharing information about Queenstown.
Queenstown Restaurants

Lisa said...

Great post Cindy