About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 23 March 2013

Temasek Restaurant

Okay, you may be wondering why would I be blogging about Temasek only now? This restaurant has been operating for years and yet this is my first time posting about a meal there. Admittedly I have been there many times over the years but I didn't have a blog then and you really can't be taking photos at a business lunch.

So today is my chance. A dinner with some friends whom I haven't seen for more than 2 years. Yes, you read it right, 2 years!! This time the group decided to meet for dinner at Temasek, which is located in Parramatta.

We arrived at 6.30 pm and the restaurant was already quite full. I cannot believe how popular this place is, even after all these years!

I suggested we go for a banquet menu and we decided on the $31 per head menu. So here are the dishes. Apologies for the quality of the photos. For some unknown reason my camera wasn't behaving that night and the images are not as clear as I would have liked.

Entrees were Spring rolls and Curry puffs - not the best I have had and I was a little disappointed with the lack of flavour. There is definitely room for improvement.
Spring rolls and curry puffs
Mains were Beef rendang, Satay chicken, Singapore chilli prawns, Assam seafood, French beans stir fried with belacan and Ngoh Hiang. Ngoh Hiang is also known as loh bak and is a Hokkien dish that can be described as five spice pork rolls, rolled in bean curd skin and deep fried.
Beef rendang
Satay chicken 
Assam seafood

All these served with boiled rice. Boy did we struggle to finish all the dishes. The highlight dishes for me were the Singapore chilli prawns - loved the sauce. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Assam seafood, it was delicious, spicy and tangy. The Beef rendang was popular too, it was quite tender. And I always love French beans and more so when it is cooked with belacan.
Stir fried french beans with belacan 
Ngoh Hiang
Singapore chilli prawns
We couldn't finish everything so doggy bags became our take aways for tomorrow.

It was nice to catch up with the group. This time, it cannot wait for another 2 years. We will start looking grey by then. :-)

Temasek on Urbanspoon

Temasek Restaurant
71 George Street
Parramatta
NSW 2150
Tel: +61 2 9633 9926

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Annie Lowery said...

Lovely bllog you have

Annie Lowery said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this