About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 21 July 2013

Cervo Restaurant & Bar (Northbridge)

I have been blogging about my US trip experiences for a few weeks now. I still have a few more US posts to do but I decided to take a small break from talking about New York and instead focus on Sydney. It's a nice change, for me and for my regular readers!

After being back a week from my US trip, I recently caught up with some dear friends of mine who happened to have moved to Northbridge recently. They suggested we dine at Cervo.

Having never been to Northbridge before (I know!), I was only too happy to check out Cervo.

Cervo is an Italian restaurant located right smack in the suburb of Northbridge. I found out later on that Cervo stands for Stag (in Italian). Which accounts for the decor in the restaurant. There was a humongous stag head propped up against the wall of the section we were seated at.

The walls had art depicting stags but in an elegant manner.

The waiters were very friendly and constantly asking us if all was alright. The restaurant was quite full and had a nice family friendly vibe.

What did we end up having?

Well, we decided to share some entrees. We had the Yamba river prawns with avocado, tomato, chilli and coriander.

And a platter of cured meats with pickled vegetables, olive and cheese.

And bruschetta served on a pizza base. The base was so crispy, absolutely delicious!

The prawns were succulent and full of flavour. And the antipasti was delightful.

For mains, I had the Thyme pappardelle with porcini mushroom and duck ragout. The pasta was deliciously rich with the robust duck flavours coming through. I finished every mouthful.

There were some daily specials and 2 of the specials were chosen as our mains. There was the Lamb shank with truffled parmesan mash and lamb jus, a dish which is very hard to ignore during winter.

And there was the Salmon which caught B's eye. Unfortunately I didn't catch what were the other elements that made the dish. But B enjoyed it, which is what is important.

We found a little spot for dessert. I had the vanilla bean panna cotta with mixed berry compote. Yum!

T had the trio of gelato. I had a taste of the gelato and I could taste that the flavours were very natural and very fruity.

It was a lovely evening of catching up. A very friendly restaurant with good service and one I would like to return to try  their great range of pizzas. I saw many trays of pizzas come out and they looked tempting.

Cervo Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

Cervo Restaurant & Bar
119 Sailors Bay Road
Northbridge
NSW 2063
Website: cervo.co


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

The Yamba prawns look great. And the porcini and duck ragout pappardelle sounds like a perfect winter warmer.

Cindy said...

Thanks for your comment Helen! I am going to check out their pizzas the next time I return and I am definitely going to order the Yamba prawns again!