About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 7 July 2013

Pastis (New York City)

Pastis is a French bistro located in the Meatpacking District. That day was coincidentally French food themed. We had breakfast at Balthazar and now dinner at Pastis. The place was full but I am no longer surprised by that. It had a nice vibe when I walked in, very French!


When I looked at the menu, I immediately saw something that perked my interest. What is it about a steak frites that catches my eye every time? Tonight only half the group of ladies attended dinner. The main reason being there was a show that they were going to attend that started about 10.30 pm and would end around 2.00 am so they decided to take a nanna nap before the show. Clever move for them.

I was not attending the show so here I am perusing the menu to work out what I wanted. I did finally decided on Steak Frites with Bernaise and so did NC. I think we both were looking forward to a good piece of steak and some fries.

MA decided to go for the homemade Fennel Ravioli with Spinach, Parmesan and Butter Sauce. She was initially unsure how the dish would turn out but ultimately it was her most favourite dish of the trip so far. She really did enjoy it!

I was so full from my lovely steak but some of the others had desserts. Of the few that ordered I managed to take pictures of the Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce and the Creme Brûlée. Both went down with a treat.


Pastis had a nice bistro feel and we did enjoy ourselves. The waitress attending to us was very pleasant and attentive and made every effort to meet our deadline of leaving at a certain time for some of the ladies to attend the show.

Pastis on Urbanspoon

Pastis
9 Ninth Ave
New York
NY 10014
Website: pastisny.com

No comments: