About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 15 August 2011

Castle Hill Farmers Market

Castle Hill Farmers Market is held twice a month in Showground Road in the suburb of Castle Hill. I started frequenting this market about 2 years ago. Not as often I would have liked but I did drop by when I had the time. At that time the market was only held once a month but has now become so popular that it is now twice a month.

They are held on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, except for December and January of each year. Having frequented the markets I can see how much the markets has grown in szie (i.e. number of stores) and the number of people who come to the markets have increased in numbers. It is very encouraging to see the public support the local farmers and providores.


There are organic vegetable stalls, organic beef, organic lamb, olive oils, balsamic vinegars, relishes, jams, freshly baked breads, a wonderful array of freshly baked pies and so on and so on. What a fantastic array of fresh and great food for the public to chose from.

My favourite muesli bar stall is here. Sweetness the Patisserie is here. Dings' is here and so is a fantastic pasta stall. Their range of ravioli is incredible and dare I say delicious? I bought their prawn garlic and chilli ravioli the last time I was here. They come frozen and so easy to cook. I was suitably impressed when I did finally cook them. Delicious filling and the ravioli pasta was so al dente.
 I bought another type of ravioli this time but I will post a separate blog when I cook it for dinner in the very near future.


Sweetness the Patisserie's marshmallows are so soft, plump and delicious. Everyone I have given these to just loves them so much. The brownies are just as delicious. Personally I like my brownies chewy, and these are chewy and filled with chunks of chocolate as I bite into them. Delicious and decadent! Sorry, I don't have a picture of the brownie. I ate it so quickly that I forgot take the picture.


I love coming to this market so if you are ever in this neck of the woods on a Saturday (either the 2nd or 4th one of the month), do drop by. I don't believe you will be dissapointed.

Hunter Valley Pasta Co.
Shop 1/126 Bridges Road
New Lambton
NSW 2305
http://www.huntervalleypastaco.com.au/
Website for Castle Hill Farmers Market:
http://www.hawkesburyharvest.com.au/markets_home.asp

Sweetness the Patisserie
38 Oxford Street
Epping,
Sydney,
NSW  2121
http://www.sweetness.com.au/

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Another market to check out. Might have to wait till the holidays since Saturdays are busy for us.