About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 29 August 2011

Sunday lunch - My birthday

It was another Sunday lunch but this time it was to celebrate my birthday. How lucky I am to have 'family' have me over and cook me a special lunch.

My dear friend EF made the effort to decorate the kitchen, dining room and main door with pink and white balloons. It was such a sweet touch and did give it a slightly party atmosphere!

We started with nibbles and spring rolls, then moved on to beautifully cooked lamb shanks. EF cooked the dish for almost 2 hours. Her recipe was based on a Donna Hay recipe she had downloaded from the Internet. It was braised with red wine, rosemary and sweet potato; along with other herbs and ingredients.

Nibblies

Pink lemonade!
Lamb shanks - delicious!

My cake was a blueberry swirl cheesecake. EF had baked this previously and it was such a hit that this is the encore appearance! Yummy! This was another recipe from Donna Hay's cookbook Modern Classics 1.

Blueberry swirl cheesecake

I was also lucky enough to receive some lovely gifts from the family. I feel blessed to be surrounded by people who love me unconditionally.

Thank you, my lovely 'family', for a wonderful and fun day!

No comments: