About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas Day 2011

My Christmas Day was spent hanging out with my dear friends (part of my family) and their extended family. This year it was EF's turn to host her extended family. All in all, there were 17 of us, 6 of them were children under the age of 15.

The weather turned out to be warm, mostly sunny and absolutely perfect for Christmas. After our long and leisurely lunch, some of the younger kids jumped into the pool to cool down.

It was a lovely afternoon of fellowship, food and laughter. The nibbles included bread served with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dukkah. In addition there was chips and dips. But the highlight of the nibbles were the various cheese served on a cheese board. I think I outdid myself with the cheese selection because everyone loved the cheese. They were very popular.



The lunch spread included led of ham, roast pork with crackling, turkey roll, 2 kinds of salads and beans. The sweets consisted of Christmas pudding, pavlova, mango pudding, the gingerbread house, baklava and pecan pie.

The following photos are a reflection of some  but not all the dishes we were served with.

Delicious leg ham

Turkey roll - moist and delicious

Roast pork (from the BBQ)

J's special salad of feta, pumpkin, pine nuts, olives and rocket

Pavlova with lots of fruits and what a lovely colour!

N's Pecan Pie - it was a hit!


The kids were so looking forward to breaking down the gingerbread house (see Gingerbread House 2011) and by the end of the day, 2 walls were eaten plus the roof and almost all the lollies. Great job kids!

The dishes were courtesy of various people in the group, so credit goes to all contributors.

We were all so full by the end of the afternoon but what a lovely and relaxing time we all had.

Thank you EF for hosting a lovely Christmas lunch!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Kin Yuen said...

That salad mix is unique.