About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 26 September 2011

District Dining

District Dining is a relatively new restaurant which opened last year. I had read about it when it first opened and have been wanting to try it out since then.

Well, I fnally got the chance. It is a relatively small restaurant and the ambiance is laid-back and casual. The menu is quite wide ranging and there are enough options to make you want to return to try out other dishes.



They encourage sharing of plates (I think plate sharing is becoming quite popular among the new breed of upcoming restaurants).

We started with some bread and olive oil (nice bread by the way). We decided to go for Polenta and taleggio croquettes, Chicken liver parfait with Sauternes jelly, green grape chutney and toast. For the second half of the meal, we went for Seared scallops with Jerusalem artichoke, prunes and crispy pancetta (delicious and it was my favourite dish). We also had the Lamb rump with caponata and mint gravy. The lamb was cooked perfectly - medium with a lovely pink colour. It was so tender.


Chicken liver parfait

Polenta and taleggio croquette - sorry for the dark image
Seared scallops with pancetta
Lamb rump with Jerusalem artichoke

I don't know how I did it but I found space in my very full tummy to end the meal with dessert. I had the lemon cheesecake with Blueberries and lemon curd ice cream. Yummy.....!

Lemon cheesecake, blueberries and lemon curd ice cream

I think I would like to return to try out other dishes. The restaurant is conveniently located next to Central Station.

Thank you DD for suggesting District Dining. It was a good suggestion and we had a nice time gabbing and eating away.

District Dining on Urbanspoon

District Dining
17 Randle Street
Surry Hills

No comments: