About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 25 December 2011

Abla's Pastries

Abla's Pastries is located in the suburb of Granvile, in Sydney. This establishment started in 1984 and has been going strong since. I discovered the beautifuls pastries while on a girls trip to Melbourne in 2010. When we were at the Prahran Market, we found the small store selling all the delicious middle Eastern pastries and biscuits.

When I returned to Sydney, I set out to find the main store in Granville and have made at least 2 to 3 trips a year since then to buy their baklava. I recall reading a review of their pastries and there was a reference to Abla's as being the Don Bradman of baklavas. That was an impressive compliment!

Every time I come here, there is always a queue and it is always refreshing to see the massive trays of baklavas, biscuits, chocolates and ice creams presented in the various counters. If you don't have a sweet tooth, you might not like the vision I am about to show with some of the photos of the sweets available.









Below is an image of one of the boxes of baklava that I purchased as a Christmas present for a friend.


If you are ever in the surrounding area of Granville and are up to some sweets, I recommend you visit this store. Their baklava are really good and I don't think you will regret trying it out!

Abla's Pastries on Urbanspoon

Abla's Pastries
48 Railway Parade
Granville
NSW
Australia
Website: http://www.ablaspastries.com.au/

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Abla's baklavas are the best.