About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 11 April 2013

An Afternoon Tea with Crossway 9am Ladies

Recently we had a ladies only afternoon tea at RD's lovely home. I couldn't think of what I could bring as a contribution and fell back on my home made curry puffs. They are easy to do and wouldn't look too bad on a plate (well, that was what I was thinking). Plus it represented my culture, which is always a nice thing.


I didn't know what to expect when I arrived but I was blown away by the very professional looking tiered trays of petit fours, mini quiches, cupcakes, brownies, and dainty sandwiches.


They were all so beautifully presented and I personally felt my rather clumsy looking curry puffs looked slightly incongruous among the dainty bites served so beautifully across the various indoor and outdoor settings.




The platter of fruits were beautiful to look at, gorgeous colours!

We even roped in a couple of the husbands to be our baristas and I think they enjoyed themselves, after all they were the only men among of large group of ladies!

We had a lovely afternoon chatting and getting to know some of the ladies that we hardly get to speak to when at church. It was great fellowship!




I took the opportunity to admire AD's art. He is certainly very gifted. AD is RD's husband and they are both such a lovely couple. With his permission I took a photo of one of his paintings. It is his interpretation of Caravaggio's Supper at Emmaus. A very interesting interpretation I must say!

Thank you RD and AD for opening your home to us ladies. We all had a great time.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: