About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 2 September 2012

Wildpear Cafe, Dural

It was a gorgeous Sunday day and I met a friend for lunch at Wildpear Cafe which is located in Dural. It has been quite a while since I was last at Dural and I was looking forward to trying out this cafe. My friend mentioned that they make good breakfast and we were hoping we would be able to try out the breakfast but we got there at 11.30 and it was the lunch menu by then.


The cafe is located in a nursery and as those of you who know of Dural, there are lots of plant nurseries throughout this suburb. There were so many diners at the cafe, I was very surprised at how busy it was.




We ordered Pan-fried gnocchi with chorizo, gorgonzola, king prawns, baby tomatoes, fresh basil with tomato sauce. My friend enjoyed it and I had a taste of it too and found it full of flavour.



I had the Steak panini with caramelised onion, chilli jam, and aioli and served with steak-house chips. The steak was tender and I enjoyed my panini. The caramelised onions and chilli jam sat well with the steak. Nice!



We decided to share a dessert as we were getting seriously full. So we chose the White chocolate and Raspberry brûlée. It was delicious..I am glad we decided to share. It was a nice dessert to end our meal with.



The staff were attentive and very friendly. It was a nice day to sit out in the patio and enjoy the weather, good cafe food and catching up with my friend.

We have decided that the next time, we will come a little earlier to try out the breakfast menu. We noted that they are planning to open for dinner on Friday nights starting in October.

Wildpear Cafe on Urbanspoon

Wildpear Cafe
658 Old Northern Road
Dural
NSW
Tel: (02) 9651 6600
Monday - Friday 9am to 4pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am to 4pm


1 comment:

Kin Yuen said...

White choc and raspberry brûlée, that's a winner!