About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Little Owl (New York City)

When you think about a city as big as New York City, the choices for meals are tremendous! Not only for the locals but for visitors to the Big Apple.

One of the benefits of social media is following certain travel magazines who post beautiful pictures through Instagram. One of these photos was a Beignettes dish from Little Owl. At that time, I made a note to check this place out the next time I am in NYC.

I had arranged to meet up with one of the girls from my group on Sunday morning for a brunch kick off. A few of the other ladies heard of our plans and joined in too and it ended up being 8 of us firstly working out how to get there and then just enjoying the Greenwich Village vibe and food.

The Little Owl is a tiny little cafe located on Bedford Street. By the time we got there it was almost 11.00 am and the place was full. Note that it was open from 10.30 am that day. The waitress told us it would be a 15 minute wait and asked us if we wanted coffee or tea while we waited. I thought that was a nice touch and a few of us took up on that offer. It was also nice there were benches we could sit while waiting.

We eventually got in and I just really liked this tiny place. It felt very west village and I could see there were lots of locals having brunch and not so much of the tourists. Perfect!


There was even a little waiting nook catered for people to wait for a table in the cafe.

A couple of the ladies decided to have cocktails in addition to brunch. There was an order for Bellini and Pink Prosecco.


We seemed to incline towards dishes with eggs this morning so the 2 dishes we ordered across the group were:

Poached organic eggs with fontina biscuit, sausage, greens and hollandaise sauce

Asparagus and eggs with roasted peppers

Universal verdict: GOOD!

I also had a lovely White Orchard tea with my Asparagus and eggs dish.

Dish to try for next time: The Gravy Meatball Sliders looked good. If I ever get to return here that will be my next choice (assuming it is still on the menu).

The Little Owl on Urbanspoon

The Little Owl
90 Bedford Street (corner of Bedford and Grove)
New York
Website: thelittleowlnyc.com


1 comment:

Edwina said...

Sounds like a lovely brunch with friends. Love the waiting nook!