About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 22 June 2013

Five Guys (Washington DC)

About 1 block from the hotel I saw a sign on a corner cafe called Five Guys. It looked like a hamburger joint so I decided to investigate this place further via the internet. My good friend Mr Google was of great help as usual!

Based on what I had read it looks like Five Guys is a rather popular hamburger joint and has locations all around the US. It has been voted as having the best burgers from various states around the US including Washington DC. So one night I decided to have a low down hamburger dinner there.



For burgers, the way it works in this place is you have to decide if you want a Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Bacon Burger or Bacon Cheeseburger. Then you can choose the toppings to go with the burger. All toppings are free of charge.

Their list of toppings are:
Mayo, Lettuce, Pickles, Tomatoes, Grilled Onions, Grilled Mushrooms, Ketchup, and Mustard.
Relish, Onions, JalapeƱo Peppers, Green Peppers, A1 Steak Sauce, BBQ Sauce, and Hot Sauce.

I decided to have a Hamburger with Tomatoes, Grilled Onions, Pickles and Ketchup. I also ordered a Small serving of Fries (Five Guys Style). It turns out that the Five Guys Style is that the fries have the potato skin still on. A rather rustic style but not one that is off-putting. I didn't mind it at all.


My burger was a lot meatier than I anticipated. I had thought there would be 1 layer of beef patty but it turned out there were 2 layers of beef patties. With dollops of ketchup on my fries, it turned out to be quite a full meal.

The burger itself was quite good and quite tasty. Not the best I have had but not too bad at all.

The next morning I decided to have my breakfast here and I chose the BLT Sandwich. The bacon was cooked oh so very crispy. I couldn't taste any fatty oil in it so it felt like I was eating a healthy sandwich for breakfast even though I knew I wasn't. But I did enjoy it! That sandwich kept me going for the rest of the day until dinner time.


Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

Five Guys
1400 I Street
Washington Square
Washington
DC 20005
Website: fiveguys.com

No comments: