About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 27 June 2013

Shake Shack (New York City)

I have been hearing about Shake Shack for a while now and have been very eager to try their hamburgers. During Day 1 of the group's walking tour of Manhattan, we ended up at lunchtime in the area of Madison Square Park and Eataly. I chose to have a hamburger and one of my travel mates NC joined me too. The others decided to hang around Eataly.


When we arrived at Shake Shack we realised that the line was a lot longer than 15 minutes ago, when we first passed it. But we took the chance and queued up. It was a hot summer's day and one of the Shake Shack employees came out with a tray of iced water for the people who were queueing up to order. I thought that was a very nice gesture.




We ordered a ShackBurger each which consisted of a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and a Shack sauce. We both ordered a single patty. On top of that we had Shack-made Lemonade. As we were running out of time plus we were heading to an afternoon tea later on, we decided to forgo ordering fries. But we did regret that decision after we saw some of the orders come through. Next time!

Verdict: The burger was delicious. It didn't look healthy but it tasted oh so good. Would I come back again if I could? YES!

 Note that there are various locations in New York City. The location I went to was the Madison Square Park outlet.

Shake Shack on Urbanspoon

Shake Shack
Southeast corner of Madison Square Park
near Madison Ave. and E. 23rd St.
New York
Website: shakeshack.com


2 comments:

Shake Shack said...

Cindy, thanks so much for taking the time to visit Shake Shack in Madison Square Park on your trip.

Hope you had an awesome vacation, and our team can't wait to see you again next time you're in town!

-Brandy, Shake Shack

Vera said...

This is cool!