About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 24 June 2012

Reflections on the Corsica/Sardinia Tour

Wow! I can't quite believe that my holiday is over. It feels like yesterday since I landed in Cagliari all excited about the gourmet tour I was about to embark on.

Below are some pictures of some of the good breakfasts options we have been served with.




I was wondering what the group would be like and I can honestly say that it was a good group. We had common interests which made it all the much easier to bond quickly. What were the common interests? Well I can safely say they were travel, discovering the different cultures, history and great food.

Pietro and his mother Maria
We were also very lucky to have Maeve, Pietro and Liz lead us in this tour. Being the first group in this brand new tour meant we got thrown everything!! How lucky were we? Pietro's contribution was invaluable. His knowledge of Sardinia (history, culture, language and food) brought a magic factor to the group. Liz was ever so patient, kind and caring to all of us. She is a great and experience tour leader. And Maeve, well can I say about Maeve?!?! Maeve's charming personality help win over some very interesting characters and she was so dedicated in trying to give us all the best experiences possible.

Maeve with Antoine the butcher
From the group, I believe I have made some friendships that will go on even after the holidays are over. For that I am thankful. Thank you to my fellow travellers for your encouragement and support of my blog during our trip. I could not believe how you have embraced my blog and how you spread the word to your family and friends. And also the positive comments from your family and friends!

A suckling pig's ear
A Sardinian lady looking out her window
Thank you to those who had added lovely comments on some of my posts, like Annette, Maryann and Maeve. Thank you also to Maeve for mentioning my blog in the most recent newsletter that came out  a few days ago. I would also like to acknowledge the continued support from my Aussie friends at home.

Ignacio - our Sardinian bus driver singing an Italian love song!
I have received comments about how some of the posts look so professional (both while on holiday and back home). I will take it as a compliment. Maybe the saying 'practice makes perfect' is applicable. I don't mean it was perfect but I think that the daily write ups helped improve my writing skills. Maybe I was inspired by what I saw, absorbed and tasted. Maybe having someone like Pietro help explain to me in detail some of ingredients and how things were made helped me up the ante! Maybe it is a combination of all the above! Who knows!?!?!

Maggie - all relaxed while waiting for the bus
Pane carasau with grilled cheese and honey - delicious!
But one thing I will say, what a fantastic time I have had and I am looking forward to the next gourmet adventure. So Maeve, let me know when your next new adventure is and I will sign up for it!

For those of you who intend to occasionally check my blog (feel free to occasionally drop a comment!), thank you and I will strive to keep up the standards but don't be too disappointed if the standards drop just a little. I also don't believe I will be as prolific as I have been during the trip. There was just so much to write about. Maybe I need another holiday to inspire me, eh?!? :-)

Warwick and Linley - relaxing by the A Pignata pool!
Cheers to all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: