About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Arriving in Bonifacio by Ferry

After saying our goodbyes to Pietro and to Ignacio (our Sardinian bus driver), we got on the ferry to Bonifacio. This ferry also transports cars so it is quite large in size.



The trip takes about an hour from Santa Teresa Gallura to Bonifacio. As we entered Bonifacio, we could see the tall rocks surrounding the town and it is quite a spectacular way to firstly enter the city and secondly see the views of the surrounding terrain. The photos I captured with the camera cannot do justice to the height and breadth of the rocks surrounding the ferry as we entered the city port.


There are two sections to this town, the harbour section and the old town. The old town is located at the top of the town and is guarded by high walls and there is a drawbridge that links the top to the lower part of the town.

The harbour section

The old section of the town

No comments: