About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Friday 15 June 2012

Lunch at a Corsican Vineyard

This was our final group lunch in Corsica. We visited a vineyard in Sartene and met Pierre and Marie Louise who owns the vineyard. Marie Louise was very hospitable and explained the different types of wines produced by the vineyard and we were able to sample their Muscat, Rosé and Vermentino wines during our lunch. By the way, this vineyard produces bio-dynamic wines.




For starters we had Charcuterie and cheese skewers, tapenade, melon balls in Muscat, and baby tomatoes with brucciu. The table looks lovely with all the goodies, doesn't it?







For mains, we were served wild boar cooked in red wine and myrtle berries. In addition, there was veal slow cooked with green olives, carrots and rosé. There were large polenta chips served with the two red meats. The food was quite tasty and I especially liked the veal.

Wild boar
Veal 


For desserts, we had chestnut creme caramel (firmer than normal creme caramel), French apple pie, fruit salad and some pecorino cheese. The chestnut creme caramel was a hit!




We had a pleasant lunch and a lot of the group ended up buying myrtle berries to take home.

No comments: