About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Sunday 3 June 2012

The Spanish Steps

For some reason I did not see the Spanish Steps in my group tour. So this iconic steps was included in my To do list for this trip.

After my visit to St Peters, I continued on to the Spanish Steps. Along the way, I stopped and perused some of the shops and took photos of anything scenic. Here are some of them.

A promenade of stalls

Ponte San Angelo

One of the sculptures on Ponte San Angelo

The Spanish Steps is located at the end of Via Condotti. As you walk along this road, you cannot help but see the steps. The steps were built between 1723 to 1726 to link the church located at the top of the hill to the Piazza di Spagna located at the street level. If only there were no tourists clogging the steps, I would have been able to take a fantastic photo but alas, that is not going to happen. I did walk up the steps to get a view of the Piazza from the top. If I failed to mention this before, let me say that it was a hot day in Rome. The sun was shining ever so brightly.

The Spanish Steps

The Church of Trinita dei Monti
In case you didn't know, Via Condotti has all the big names of Italian fashion. There is Bulgari, Gucci, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Fendi, Versace and other foreign designers such as Jimmy Choo, Tods etc. There is also Via Corso which is a very long road filled with shops galore. Goodness! You can't get bored window shopping here, or doing some serious shopping too!



1 comment:

Edwina said...

Did you buy anything???