About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 16 June 2012

Our Final Night


It was a night filled with lots of chatter, laughter and a little bit of sadness as this group was about to sit down to the tour’s last meal together. A lot of friendships have been made over the past 11 days. 

Maeve found a rather picturesque setting at a restaurant located in the valley of Sartene. When we looked up to the hill from the gardens of the restaurant, we could see the town of Sartene’s buildings overlooking the hill. It was quite lovely and the town looked like it was cloaked in a golden hue, as the sun was slowly setting.




Our last, last group photo - all dressed up!

For our last dinner, we had a choice of three options per dish type. My choices were:

The first course was Pork terrine with myrtle berries.  I quite liked my terrine, it had a nice flavour. Others had the vegetable terrine with tomato and basil emulsion.

Pork terrine
Vegetable terrine
The main meal was the Side of veal with honeydew, chestnut puree and shallot puree. This dish was quite delicious. The veal was nicely cooked with a touch of pink and the slight sharpness of the lightly herbed sauce was beautifully offset by the sweetness of the chestnut puree. Others had the sautéed veal with olives and polenta maii. A few had the fish with mashed potatoes and olive oil. 

Side of veal with chestnut puree
Sauteed veal with black olives and polenta
Fish with mashed potatoes

Tangerine sorbet and limoncello was my chosen dessert. The tangerine flavour was quite strong and some felt the limoncello went well with the tangerine. I preferred the sorbet without the limoncello.


It was a nice and pleasant way to end our tour. A lot of goodbyes were said that night as the group was flying to various destinations and at different times the next day.

It has been an absolutely fantastic gourmet tour. I am very happy I was able to participate in this new adventure. I will have to start thinking what my next gourmet adventure will be.

2 comments:

EF said...

Beautiful descriptions and photos of your last 2 meals! Hope you enjoy the next part of your trip!

Kin Yuen said...

Chestnut and shallot puree....interesting.