About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 30 June 2012

A Dinner of Mixed Cuisine

A week ago I caught with some of my friends for dinner (part of my family in Australia) and EF, who has been so great at posting comments on my blog when I was in Italy and France, thought up of a meal with different cuisine influences.

I forgot to bring my camera so the photos you see here were taken from my iPhone. Not too bad after all!

Well, we started with a plate of bruschetta (Italian influence), then moved on to Butter Chicken with rice (Indian influence) and finished up with Lemon Tart for dessert (a bit of French influence). A salad of mixed lettuce was served with the butter chicken and EF used a dressing I had bought for the family when I visited Orange in May. I was surprisingly pleased at how lovely the dressing was and how it blended so well with the butter chicken. The dressing was Caramelised White Balsamic infused with coriander, garlic and lemon. Delicious!!




Looks nice - doesn't it?
A note to AF who baked the lemon tart! Good first attempt, I thought the flavour of the tart was delicious! Can't wait to see what your next try will be.


Thanks EF for an interesting blend of cuisine. It was good catching up with you and the family. Hope I didn't gab on too much about my fantastic holiday!

The lovely dressing from Orange Farmers Market!

No comments: