About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 14 June 2012

Dinner at Bonifacio

For dinner, it was organised by the team for the group to head to the harbour section of the town. This is the lower part of Bonifacio and some of us went down with the tour bus and others left earlier than scheduled to walk down to the harbour.




There were so many boats, large and small, moored there. Bonifacio is obviously a very busy port. Along the way, I finally saw the house that sits on the precipice of a large wall rock which seems susceptible to potential landslide. I don't know how else to describe this but the occupants of this house are very brave, as far as I am concerned. The image of this house is quite famous and iconic to Bonifacio.


When I walked along the promenade, there was a lolly shop that caught my eye. I cannot believe how many barrels of lollies are sold in that shop. It was like being in the cave when I walked into the interior.





We had dinner at L'Albatross and basically it was a set menu of 3 dishes each. I chose the Fish Soup (this is the main reason this restaurant was chosen), Fried Calamari and 2 scoops of ice cream for dessert.

For this blog post, I will focus on the Fish soup because I personally had not had fish soup the French way. Others in the group have tasted it before but it was a first for me. So we were served a basket of bread, a bowl of rouille, a bowl of grated parmesan and some fresh garlic cloves. This was before the large bowl of fish soup arrived. In case anyone wants to know what rouille is, it is a thick sauce often used as garnish for fish dishes. It consists of olive oil with breadcrumbs, garlic, saffron and chilli peppers (Source of this information was from Wikipedia).

Rouille



I then rubbed the clove of garlic over a slice of bread, and placed the bread on to an empty soup bowl. Then added some rouille and parmesan cheese on top of the bread. Then ladled some fish soup into the bowl. I waited for the bread to soak up some of the soup (my personal preference) and then started eating the bread and soup. Delicious! What an experience it was for me!

2 comments:

EF said...

Fabulous fabulous scenery! And the rouille sounds fantastic. Incredible house on the rock wall.

Kin Yuen said...

Interesting slopes!