About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Thursday 14 June 2012

Plage de la Tonnara

The weather during these holidays have been consistently good. Occasionally we have had some cloudy mornings, with the sun bursting out in full glory eventually. Bonifacio, being a seaside port, has many beaches in the surrounding areas. Most of the group went for a swim and a relaxing lunch at Plage de la Tonnara.


At least this beach is much more sandy than the ones we went to in Sardinia. It has a much smaller beach strip but the water was warm and there was once again beautiful blue and green colours in the water. I dipped my feet and walked along the beach. We found these interesting bits of translucent pieces washed ashore. Not quite sure what they really were but they were intriguing.



Then most of us sat down at the restaurant nearest to the beach and just relaxed over a meal. The restaurant's name was Le Gouland. Not knowing what the quality of  the food would be, we all took a punt and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was.

I ordered Espagnole Mussels which was cooked with capsicum, onions and chorizo. Judy had the St Jacques Mussels, Warwick had the Genoise pizza and Linley had the Asparagus and ham salad. Others had similar dishes but Maggie and Lucy also ordered Calzone. All the food was delicious. I could not believe how much mussels I had, it came in this big black pot. On top of that, we also got pommes frites when we ordered mussels.

Genoise Pizza
Asparagus and ham salad
Espagnole mussels
Pommes frites 


Some of the group had desserts. In the mix there was Mille feuille, Creme brûlée and Cafe gourmand (a tasting plate).

Creme brûlée 
Mille feuille
Cafe gourmand

We were all quite replete when we left the beach.

2 comments:

Edwina said...

Oh yum yum yum. The desserts look gorgeous! Ditto the pizza. And the beautiful beach! And the translucent thing whatever it is!!! What a lovely experience all round Cinds!!

Kin Yuen said...

I could not help being distracted by the cream brulee, beuatiful sea colours and the mussels.